10" Mea Floor Planter
Handmade in Ghana
Say hello to this perfectly sized planter!
Style it on a bookshelf, coffee table, or add your favorite household plant or faux flowers. Mix and match with other sized planters and accent furniture for a globally inspired feel in your home decor.
Their natural look will add a globally conscious and effortless look to your home.
- Approximately 10” W x 7” H
- Fair Trade
- Made in Ghana
- Products are made of elephant grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the grass
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
*These delicately textured and handcrafted woven planters were made by groups of women in intimate communities in the Bolgatanga region of Ghana in an ethical, fair trade environment.
- To clean or re-shape your basket, simply wet it with cool water, shape it as needed, and allow it to air dry.
- The basket should be watered once a year to hydrate the straw and keep it supple.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
- Elephant grass can take new forms in transit, easily reshape by spraying with water and using your hands to shape it back into your preferred form.
Meaning & Purpose
The material used for weaving in Bolgatanga is elephant grass, this grass is only available in the southern part of Ghana, Kumasi to be precise. The grasses are harvested and dried up, a process which might take up to three (3) days. It is then tied together in big bundles and transported to the Bolga markets. This is where most of the weavers buy their raw materials. The straw grass is further processed before weaving begins.
- Straw is collected and split then rolled/twisted for texture.
- Straw is dyed to give a vibrant color before weaving begins.
10" Mea Floor Planter
Behind The Scenes of Production
Kazi Goods believes in the power of ethical and sustainable business practices, aiming to provide economic opportunities for artisans and their communities. They collaborate with over 4,000 artisans across multiple countries, offering them fair wages and safe working conditions. With a commitment to quality and social impact, Kazi Goods aims to support African artisans in preserving their traditional skills while fostering economic growth and sustainable development.